Temperature monitoring system helps to control and regulate the temperature of a particular environment. It has become an important part of hospitals, food industries, healthcare, and other industries.
It can be used to avoid heat buildup at various locations like telecom huts and other network nodes by continuously monitoring the site. It is also important at industrial IT locations like server rooms and data sensors. It can be used to easily track, control, and regulate the temperature at the sites that will help to ensure the safety of the site.
Temperature monitoring system is embedded with the temperature sensors such as thermocouples, RTD sensors, and thermistors to measure the current temperature in the real-time. It then gathers the temperature data and various algorithms are applied to analyze the data. Data is then sent to a common IoT platform where it communicates with other devices. Various monitoring systems allow users to see the current temperature through web portal, mobile app, SMS, etc. It alerts the group of users when the temperature sensors fall out of the safe range.
Temperature monitoring systems offers
"DIFFERENCE BETWEEN IOT BASED TEMPERATURE MONITORING AND TRADITIONAL APPROACH?"
Traditional approach of monitoring temperature was to go on site and take the readings manually. Manufacturers have to be always available on site to keep a regular check on changing environmental conditions.
No automatic alerts or notifications were provided to the user. Whereas IoT based temperature monitoring saves time and helps in quick decision making by eliminating the redundant tasks like manual readings.
It provides notifications for the change in temperature and also generates the reports to analyze the trends of temperature fluctuations and take future decisions accordingly. It helps to remotely control the temperature through smartphone, PC, etc. which improves the reliability of product, warehouse and storage. It reduces the cost of production and inspection.
HOW TO FIND THE BEST TEMPERATURE MONITORING DEVICE?
- Accuracy – Best temperature monitoring systems should provide accurate information. There are few devices available in the market and each has different techniques to monitor the temperature. Temperature monitoring devices must suit business for which it will be used so that it can provide accurate readings according to the requirements.
- Long-Battery – Device should have long battery life as it is meant to monitor and store the temperature data 24/7. Battery of the device must be checked at time of buying and it must meet the requirements as failure of this device can lead to high damages to the manufacturers.
- User-friendly – A temperature monitoring system should be user-friendly. It must be easy to understand. Its user should be easily able to monitor and control the temperature without scratching the head. It must be easy to set up, timely updatable with the advancement in technology and easy to troubleshoot.
- Analytics – Best temperature monitoring devices should be able to generate the reports. Reports will help to analyze the trends of the fluctuating temperature and give a better understanding of changing environmental conditions. It will help to take the future decisions accordingly.
- Alarms and notifications – Temperature monitoring device should provide notifications in the real-time. It should alert the companies in case of failure to regulate the right temperature or any changing environmental conditions. Alarm will make sure that every alert is transmitted to the person in-charge. It will help to ensure safety before anything gets damaged.
- Large storage capacity – Temperature monitoring devices should be able to store the data throughout the course of its deployment as most of them are deployed to track machines, inventory, warehouse, and shipments over long periods of days or months. Shortage of storage capacity can disturb the monitoring of temperature as it can lead to unwanted operations such as data leaks.
- Wireless data transfer – Temperature monitoring system should provide ability to access the temperature from smartphones, PC, etc. It helps companies to remotely monitor the temperature from anywhere by wirelessly passing information quickly from one place to another.
Advantages of using a Smart Temperature Monitoring Solution
CAPTEURIO provides you with an end to end AI powered IoT solution and service so that you can relax while our devices does the job of monitoring your critical assets. We provide live data monitoring, reports, real time alerts, maps, user management and more.